Hello and welcome!
From the age of 12 years you can make an appointment to see a GP by yourself and it will be kept confidential (unless we are worried that you or someone else will come to harm in which case we would need to think about who else to involve) You can also come with a parent and we might ask you if you’d like to talk to a doctor or nurse alone if that would be easier.
More information on this here : https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/you-your-body/getting-help/visiting-your-doctor/
Are you looking for advice on:
- Contraception ? We provide emergency contraception on the day as well as sexual health advice and free condoms for the under 25’s. Ask for a 4YP appointment. You can say if it’s urgent but you don’t have to say what it’s about and we will fit you in that day. Have a look at the main menu under “contraception” for other information.
- Sexual Health ? We can check you out for sexually transmitted infections and talk about how to prevent them. Ask for a 4YP appointment and have a look at https://www.unitysexualhealth.co.uk/ for more information.
- Mental health? Worried about yourself, a friend or family member?Off the Record http://www.otrbristol.org.uk/The Mix http://www.themix.org.uk….And don’t forget Childline https://www.childline.org.uk who as well as their helpline have videos, chats, and lots of useful information on their website. Calm harm App: Helps you to resist or control self-harm
- Sam UWE App: for anxiety self management- has a couple of exercises and fun activities to help distract you at the peak of anxiety
- These are just some of the great many Apps out there :
- Kooth https://kooth.com/ also offer some free on-line counselling
- Young Minds https://youngminds.org.uk including a section on “Get Help Now”
- Off The Record provide free counselling in Bristol for the under 25’s but there is quite a long waiting list. In the meantime have a look at some of these websites and Apps which have loads of good and reliable advice, videos, blogs and suggestions.